Epinards au lait de coco
Sometimes we all need some easy and quick meals. Sometimes we all need some comforting meals that remind us of home. And sometimes we just want something cooked so we don’t fret about ‘what’s for dinner’?. (momlife!)
Here’s one of my go to dinners when I am either pressed for time, didn’t feel like following our meal-plans or ‘just’ making use of the leftover coconut milk.
Vegetarian or not, this dish is perfect for the whole family. It’s super easy to cook, cheap, healthy and accommodates all styles of eating; vegan, vegetarians and allergy-diets. You can always switch up your fats and include meat (or not).
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped/grinded
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1kg spinach (fresh or frozen-defrosted)
- 1 can coconut milk (400-500ml)
- In a large skillet or pot over medium high, add in your oil (or butter) and sauté the garlic and onions till soft.
- Add in spinach and toss in pot.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add in coconut milk, bring to boil. Stir well.
- Optional: Add canned tuna.
- Serve with warm rice, bread or cassava. Enjoy.